Friday, February 27, 2009

It's about time I get this going again...

Okay, okay. I know that it's been almost 5 months since I've posted on here, but I have a good excuse (at least I hope it's a good one). A few days after my last post, I finally started working again on a regular basis at the Post Office REC site (Remote Encoding Center). I worked there in the summer of '07, and during winter break later that year, so it only took a few days to get back into the groove. They needed help for the holiday rush, and if they like my work, they could let me stay on. Thankfully they did, and that's what I'm still doing. I'll keep it up until I start grad school this fall. But, some good things have happened since the missionary reunion.

First off, the first picture is the primary class I got to teach during 2008 (l-r: Josh, Grace, Megan, Lucy). I got them to stay still long enough for this picture, and despite their energy, they were really good kids to teach. It didn't take long to gain their trust, they participated in class, and loved to poke jokes at me, saying things like "You've got candy on your head" and "Boys can't wear pink" (from the girls, of course).

As a family, we attended the last regular season game of Real Salt Lake's schedule, and the 2nd game ever at the brand new Rio Tinto Stadium. I must say that the stadium is very nice, not just for soccer, but in general. Lots of seating, great sound, plenty of space, and hopefully we'll be able to visit again many more times in the future. RSL played Dallas that day, and the home team won 3-1.

Last week, the family went to a Utah Grizzlies hockey game, since Emily and the Grantsville Show Choir were invited to sing the national anthem before the game. We weren't able to really see them from where we were seated, but we did catch them on the jumbotron. It was my 1st hockey game in about 5 years, and we had a wonderful time as a family. The Grizzlies beat the Stockton Thunder 5-2 to send us home happy, until we found out on the news that Jazz owner Larry H. Miller had died earlier in the day. Larry will be missed, but he left a legacy that will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Sounds like you have had a fun time since being out of school. Congrats on going to grad school, you will love it!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

So glad to be able to see what's happening in your life. Good luck with all your future plans and keep that mail moving! Love, Aunt Gayle