Monday, September 15, 2008

It's been a while, I know...





For those of you who have wondered if I've decided never to blog again, you're wrong. It's just been a while before I had anything worthwhile to post. I do still read your blogs, so please keep that up, but it is time to give you an update as to what has happened since my last entry.
First of all, I'm back in Lake Point, and have still been looking for a job since the move. But, there have been a few events during my time back home that are worth mentioning here. I'll start with my good friend Dustin. For the past couple of years, he'd been an excommunicated member of the church, for reason I don't know. But, he's been trying for a long time to get back into the fold of Christ. Last summer, we thought he would be good to go, but I turns out that he had to wait longer. However, at that time, he asked if I would be willing to rebaptize him when the time came. Then, a year later (last August), he was finally cleared to be rebaptized. It was a very special day for him, and I really didn't do anything special. When he needed someone to talk to, I listened and gave him the best advise I could. I didn't realize how big an impact I had until the day came, and we chatted a bit before and after the baptism. He's well on his way, and I know I'll be talking with him again.
Next up is the Lake Point Fall Festival, held the 1st weekend in September. This was the 1st one I've attended, since the first couple have been while I was at college, but this one was really fun. We had a 5K race, lots of games and food, a parade down Center Street, and lots of talking with town members. My calling now in the ward is a Primary Teacher for the 4-5 year olds (CTR 4), and I love it. My class had fun letting me chase them all around the playground in the park, and they had fun laughing and running away from me.
Finally, last weekend, we had some fun as a family. First off, we went to watch Stuart and Ethan play in their soccer game at West Point, and their team won 3-1. After lunch at Crown Burger, we went to the Utah State Fair. This, too, was the 1st time I've been to this event. We saw all the fun displays, booths, showcases, and animals. Mom treated all of us to a funnel cake, and they're so good! I wonder if they sell them anywhere nearby, because I wouldn't mind another one. We also had some fun with putting our faces in the cutouts (Emily and Vanessa in one picture, Stuart and his friend Kiersten in the other). Lots of good times. There are a couple of other events coming up that you'll hear about in the future. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

T Fowler said...

Phil, you're a great friend and I'm happy for Dustin and his great choices. I was happy to read that you are teaching Primary. When I taught, I also taught that class and it was so much fun. Keep up the great work.