Saturday, July 19, 2008

EFY in Logan.




This past week, I served as a volunteer counselor for EFY. I went twice as a participant in my teen years, but I knew it would be a completely different story as a counselor. I was really nervous, but I spent the week before getting & going over all the info I needed to, went over the line dances we do, and prepared for the devotionals and lessons I would be teaching. The first day was obviously the hardest, as you meet your group, as well as your company. I had a group of 14-15 year olds, and they were really shy at first (understandably so). But, as the week went on, they opened up and they really had a lot of fun. I had six boys (one was sick the day of pictures), and we were part of the company To Every Nation. My favorite parts were the dances, the games, and of course, the fireside & testimony meeting. They were really good kids, and the company was very fun to be around. I wish that I could have done this more during the summer, because I know I could've taken some weeks off of the job search to do this. But, I do and will treasure the week I just had at EFY in Logan.

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

Sounds like a great week and a great group of kids. What a great experience. I remember loving EFY and thinking the counselors were great. I'm sure "your kids" thought the same of you.

Ford Fam said...

Sounds like fun! I loved the good ole EFY days!