One of the highlights of the semester has been having fun with ward members. It's been nice to be in a singles ward again and having some fun activities. We've already had two Brian Regan movie nights and a couple of birthday parties.
Another highlight came last week, when I was just relaxing on a Sunday afternoon when I saw out my window that many of my neighbors decided to have a friendly water fight. They were kind enough to let me take pictures and not soak me. There hasn't been very many warm days, because Mother Nature still can't decide if it's Spring or Winter.
During Spring break, I visited my family and for FHE, we had dinner at Jamo's Pizza, which is owned by members in our ward and has been in business for a few months. It was pretty good and I think with time, they'll have a good base of customers. Next time you come out to Lake Point, stop by Jamo's for a pizza!
A few weeks ago, one of my professor's canceled class so we could attend a conference where Utah Senator Orrin Hatch would be the keynote speaker. I was on the back row near the aisle, but happened to be near the entrance where Senator Hatch entered. He shook a few hands along the way to the stage, including mine. I was a little surprised, but it was a good experience. He's been an advocate for going green and shared some potential ideas that will help out the environment.

Also a few weeks ago, I was pulled aside by my institute teacher, Bro. White, and he mentioned to me that he was thinking of recommending me for next year's IMA (Institute Men's Association) council. One week later, it was official. I'll be one of the vice-president's of the Wednesday chapter (there are two other chapters on Tuesday & Thursday) and I'll get started in the fall. I don't know much about it, but in training, I got to see how much it can help those involved. It may only be for a semester, depending on how recruiting season goes, but I'm excited for it and will do my best in it.

Exactly one week ago, I've started to be an indexer for FamilySearch.org. My roommate has been doing it and watching him made me want to give it a try. I've had a lot of free time, since I only had a few in-class presentation to give and in 8 days, I've managed to index over 3,400 names. I think this will be a good thing for me to do in my spare time, but I probably won't do that many names in a week for a while. Still, it's nice to help out the family history buffs.
As mentioned, tomorrow starts a busy 8 days for me and the family. But, there will be a lot of good things happening. Here is a look at my schedule:
Tomorrow, May 1 - Vanessa's endowment in the Jordan River Temple, study when I can.
Monday, May 3 - Study for Tuesday's final.
Tuesday, May 4 - Take Auditing final, study for Wednesday's final.
Wednesday, May 5 - Take Retirement Planning final, start cleaning inspection.
Thursday, May 6 - Finish & pass cleaning inspection, drive home for extended weekend.
Friday, May 7 - Ethan's graduation from SLCC, last minute preparations for the wedding.
Saturday, May 8 - Vanessa & Danny's wedding at Salt Lake Temple.
Monday, May 17 - Summer classes begin
I'll post again another time. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment