Yesterday for F.H.E., we combined as a ward, carpooled up Logan Canyon, and hiked up to the Wind Caves. I had heard of them before, but had never visited them, so it was a new experience for me. Many of my friends said it was a nice, short hike. But when we got to the trail head, and found out that a "short" hike consisted of 1.8 miles with a 900 feet climb. Still, I really wanted to see the caves. The hike was a little tough, but it was well worth it. The view was very pretty, and I enjoyed seeing all the trees and mountains. Most of the group from my ward made it up as well. We didn't stay too long, since had to make it back down before it got dark, and we arrived back just before then. Overall, it was a good experience, and another hot spot in Cache Valley that I've now visited.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Wind Caves in Logan Canyon
Yesterday for F.H.E., we combined as a ward, carpooled up Logan Canyon, and hiked up to the Wind Caves. I had heard of them before, but had never visited them, so it was a new experience for me. Many of my friends said it was a nice, short hike. But when we got to the trail head, and found out that a "short" hike consisted of 1.8 miles with a 900 feet climb. Still, I really wanted to see the caves. The hike was a little tough, but it was well worth it. The view was very pretty, and I enjoyed seeing all the trees and mountains. Most of the group from my ward made it up as well. We didn't stay too long, since had to make it back down before it got dark, and we arrived back just before then. Overall, it was a good experience, and another hot spot in Cache Valley that I've now visited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad to have finally found your blog, nobody seemed to know the address. Looks like a fun hike and the pictures are great.
Phil, you need to post more! I'm leaving two comments on the same post. My favorite memory of you was seeing you after your mission and could almost see you glow. I could tell you truly did love your mission and serving the Lord and the Danish people. It was great to see you so committed to your service.
Ah, Logan. I really miss it sometimes. I mostly miss the Marvin Joes from the hub. Kyle and I are hoping to get up there and visit Logan this year.
Post a Comment